Beginners Woven Table Mat for the LK150:
Pattern provided by:
For the base: Roselan DK, Sportweight, 4/9 or 4-ply weight. For weaving: Boucle, Sport or Worsted Weight, Slubs.
Tension 6 on mid-gauge machine.
1. Pull needles 30-30 forward to D. After selecting these needles leave 8 needles on each side in NWP then bring out 6 more needles to D on each side. These 6 needles are used only to catch the fringing on each side and are cut off once the mat is complete.
2. Cast on in waste yarn. Hang comb and claw weights, knit several rows. Knit 1 row with ravel cord.
3. With the base yarn, e-wrap cast on over all the needles in work, keeping a firm edge. (The yarn will strand past the NWP needles which will form the fringe.) Close all the latches and knit 1 row. COL.
4. With the Weaving Attachment: RC000. With the 1x1 needle selector bring EON in work to D position. Lay the weaving yarn over the needles in D. Pass the weaving attachment over the needles according to the instructions given with the attachment. Knit 2 rows.
4. Without the Weaving Attachment: RC000. With the 1x1 needle selector bring EON in work to D position. Manually weave the weaving yarn over the needles in D and under the needles in B position. Knit 2 rows.
5. RC002. With the needle selector tool bring to D the opposite needles which were selected for the first weaving row. Repeat the above process to Row 80.
Note this is called Tabby weaving using a 1x1 tool. Twill weaving is using the 2x1 tool.
6. Knit 2 rows at Tension 8. Drop the 6 stitches on each side and cast off loosely over the other stitches.
7. To finish, steam well. Use a zig-zag stitch on your sewing machine along the edges of the main piece. Cut off the 6 stitches at each end freeing the fringes.
Return to Freebies
Return to top