a dog toy that terriers just love.
Pattern provided by:
The stitches and rows mentioned here are for Bramwell Duomagic 2/15 acrylic yarn at Tension 3.1 on a Brother standard gauge. This pattern is very simple and could be knit using almost any yarn by adjusting the stitches and rows to your own gauge.
1. Cast on 15 stitches in waste yarn. Hang the cast-on comb and 1 claw weight. Knit 10 rows in waste.
2. C.O.R. RC000. With the main yarn, knit 250 rows. (Add another claw weight if the edge stitches drop.)
3. Break the yarn leaving a 10 cm tail. Thread the double-eyed needle with the yarn tail and remove the stitches from the needles. Draw up the stitches. Mattress stitch the seam for about 5 cms.
4. Thread the double-eyed needle with the cast-on tail. Take it through the first row of stitches. Remove the waste yarn and gather the stitches. Mattress stitch the seam for about 5 cms.
5. Make three more tubes the same way. Vary the colours of the yarns.
6. Put the four tubes together and tie a knot in the centre.
Now the dog has a favourite toy.
Return to Freebies
Return to top